The Counseling Team International has developed this class specifically with the “significant other” in mind. Your officer’s wellness and job performance depends on the support they receive at home from the significant others in their lives – spouses, partners, parents and other family members.
We have discovered that the more these significant others understand about the law enforcement culture, the stressors of the job, and the effects this career has on their personal lives, the BETTER the chance for healthy relationships and reduced stress on everyone. This class is for the significant others of new recruits all the way to the season veterans.
- Phases of an officer’s career
- Dealing with stressors of the job
- Suicide prevention and intervention
- Dealing with different types of stress
- Ways to stay physically and mentally well