- Codependent No More: How to Stop Controlling Others and Start Caring for Yourself by Melody Beattie
- Beyond Codependency: And Getting Better All The Time By Melody Beattie
- Choices: Taking Control of Your Life and Making It Matter By Melody Beattie
- Man’s Search for Meaning By Viktor Frankl, Ph.D.
- When Bad Things Happen to Good People By Harold S. Kushner
- Make your Tomorrow Better By Michael E. Cavanagh, Ph.D.
- Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff By Richard Carlson, Ph.D.
- Overcoming Life’s Disappointments By Harold S. Kushner
- The Self-Esteem Workbook By Glenn R. Schiraldi, Ph.D.
- I Love A Cop By Ellen Kirschman, Ph.D.
- Copshock: Surviving Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) By Allen R. Kates
- Practical Police Psychology By Laurence Miller, Ph.D.
- Stress Management for Law Enforcement By Peter J. Pranzo and Rachela Pranzo
- Emotional Survival For Law Enforcement By Kevin M. Gilmartin, Ph.D.
- Police Psychology Into the 21st Century By Martin I. Kurke, Ellen M. Scrivner
- Spiritual Survival for Law Enforcement By Cary A. Friedman
- Suicide by Cop – Inducing Officers to Shoot: Practical Direction for Recognition, Resolution and Recovery By Vivian B. Lord
- Suicide in Police Work: Exploring Potential Contributing Influences By John M. Violanti, Desta Fekedulegn, Luenda E. Charles, Michael E. Andrew, Tara A. Hartley, Anna Mnatsakanova and Cecil M. Burchfiel
- Beyond the Badge By Charles Ferrara
- Law Enforcement Families the Ultimate Backup By James T. Reese, Ph.D.
- Law Enforcement Families/Issues and Answers – US Dept of Justice, Federal Bureau of Investigation By James T. Reese, Ph.D.; Ellen M. Scrivner; C J Lent
- Police Suicide: Epidemic in Blue By John M. Vilanti, Ph.D.
- Domestic Violence/U.S. Department of Justice By Rana Sampson
- Bulletproof Spirit: The First Responder’s Essential Resource for Protecting and Healing Mind and Heart By Dan Willis
- Counseling Cops: What Clinicians Need to Know Bby Ellen Kirschner, Mark Kamena, Joel Fay, Ellen Scrivner
- Crisis Negotiations/Managing Critical Incidents and Hostage Situations in Law Enforcement and Corrections By McMains & Mullins
- Hostage Cop By Captain Frank Bolz, Edward Hershey
- Getting to Yes: Negotiating Agreement Without Giving In By Roger Fisher, William L. Ury and Bruce Patton
- Dynamic Processes of Crisis Negotiation By Randall G. Rogan, Mitchell R. Hammer and Clinton R. Van Zandt
- Psychological Aspects of Crisis Negotiation, Second Edition By Thomas Strentz
- I Love A Firefighter By Ellen Kirschman, Ph.D.
- Seven Principles to Making Marriage Work By John M. Gottman
- The Relationship Cure: A 5 Step Guide To Strengthening Your Marriage By John M. Gottman
- The Language of Love By Gary Smalley & John Trent
- His Needs – Her Needs By Willard F. Harley, Jr.
- Emotional Infidelity: How to Affair Proof your Marriage By M. Gary Neuman
- The Five Love Languages By Gary Chapman
- Divorce Busting By Michelle Weiner-Davis
- Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus By John Gray
- You Just Don’t Understand! Men and Women in Conversation By Deborah Tannen
- The Five People You Meet in Heaven By Mitch Albom
- Tuesdays with Morrie: An Old Man, a Young Man, and Life’s Greatest Lesson By Mitch Albom
- A Child Called “It” By Dave Pelzer
- The Privilege of Youth By Dave Pelzer
- A Man Named Dave By Dave Pelzer
- Creating a Spiritual Relationship By Paul Ferrini
- The Road Less Traveled and Beyond: Spiritual Growth in an Age of Anxiety By M. Scott Peck, M.D.
- In Search of Stones By M. Scott Peck, M.D.
Grief and Death
- On Death and Dying By Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
- When Life is Changed Forever: By the Death of Someone Near By Rick Taylor
- A Year to Live By Stephen Levine
- A Time To Grieve: Meditations for Healing After the Death of a Loved One By Carol Staudacher
- The Bereaved Parent By Harriet Sarnoff Schiff
- How to Survive the Loss of a Child By Catherine M. Sanders, Ph.D.
- Parent In Control By Gregory Bodenhamer
- Too Good to Leave – Too Bad To Stay By Mira Kirshenbaum
- It Could Happen to Anyone: Why Battered Women Stay By Alyce D. LaViolette & Ola W. Barnett
- The Batterer: A Psychological Profile By Donald Dutton and Susan Golant
- Women Who Hurt Themselves By Dusty Miller
- The Courage To Heal By Ellen Bass
- Victims No Longer By Mike Lew
- Allies in Healing By Laura Davis
- Surviving Cancer By Margie Levine
- Victims No Longer By Mike Lew
- The Wounded Male By Steven Farmer
- Allies in Healing By Laura Davis
- Leaping Upon The Mountains: Men Proclaiming Victory over Sexual Child Abuse By Mike Lew
- Coming Out: An act of Love By Rob Eichberg, Ph.D.
- Free Your Mind: The book for Gay, Lesbian, and Bisexual Youth and Their Allies By Ellen Bass & Kate Kaufman
- No Time To Say Goodbye By Carla Fine
- How I Stayed Alive When My Brain was Trying to Kill Me By Susan Rose Blauner
- Step Back from the Exit: 45 reasons to say NO to suicide By Jillayne Arena
- Forbidden Grief By Theresa Burke
- The Scared Child: Helping Kids Overcome Traumatic Events By Barbara Brooks, Ph.D. & Paula M. Siegal
- When Dinosaurs Die: A Guide to Understanding Death By Laurie Krasny Brown & Marc Brown
- Dinosaurs Divorce: A Guide for Changing Families By Laurie Krasny Brown & Marc Brown
- My Mom and Dad Are Getting a Divorce By Florence Bienenfeld
- The Fall of Freddie the Leaf: A Story of Life for All Ages By Leo Buscaglia, Ph.D.
- When Someone Very Special Dies: Children Can Learn to Cope with Grief By Marge Heegaard
- The Gift of Therapy: An open letter to a New Generation of Therapists and Their Patients By Irvin D. Yalom, M.D.
- EMDR: The Breakthrough Therapy for Overcoming Anxiety, Stress, and Trauma By Francine Shapirio, Margot S. Forrest
- Family Crucible By Augustus Y. Napier, Carl A. Whitaker
- The Broken Mirror: Understanding and Treating Body Dysmorphic Disorder By Katharine A. Phillips, M.D.
- On Combat: The Psychology and Physiology of Deadly Conflict in War and Peace By Dave Grossman
- On Killing: The Psychological Cost of Learning to Kill in War and Society By Dave Grossman
- Sharpening the Warrior’s Edge By Bruce K. Siddle
- Warriors: On Living with Courage, Discipline, And Honor By Loren Christensen
- Deadly Force Encounters By Alexis Artwohol
- His Needs, Her Needs: Building an Affair-Proof Marriage By Willard F. Harley
Critical Incident Stress Management
- Prehospital Behavioral Emergencies and Crisis Response By Dwight A. Polk, Jeffrey T. Mitchell
- Emergency response to crisis: a crisis intervention guidebook By Jeffrey T. Mitchell, H. L. P. Resnik
- Critical incident stress debriefing: an operations manual By Jeffrey T. Mitchell, George S. Everly
- Group Crisis Support: Why It Works; When & How to Provide It By Jeffrey T. Mitchel
- Critical Incident Stress Management: A New Era and Standard By George S. Everly, Jr., George S., Everly, Jeffrey T. Mitchell