Advanced Peer Support training is designed to enhance skills learned in the basic Peer Support course, strengthen current skills of Peer Supporters, introduce new topics and learn ways to help keep the Peer Support team healthy and strong. An overview of the signs, symptoms and treatment recommendations for Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) will be covered, and a treatment option known as Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) will be identified and explored. Participants will also learn about Suicide Prevention and Intervention and will obtain a 4 hour Gatekeeping QPR certificate, as well as ways to be prepared on handling difficult debriefing situations.
- Understanding PTSD
- Learn the differences between Posttraumatic Stress and PTSD
- Review Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Develop skills for dealing with suicidal peers
- Develop skills for handling difficult debriefings
- Reinforce basic Peer Support skills
- Discover ways to keep your Peer Support team healthy